Our Global Business Degree programme, validated by the University of Suffolk, will provide you with core and specific skills that are in high-demand by international employers. Our diverse programme, delivered in the heart of major financial hubs, will also help you to understand how to run and expand your own organisation, and win new business.
This programme is validated by the University of Suffolk for delivery by GBS, and leads to a University of Suffolk award.
- You will begin by getting a key grounding of business and management practices as well as successful approaches to conducting a professional career. At the course’s early stages, GBS will teach and support you to learn about core business functions: People Management, Marketing, Communications, Finance and Economics.Halfway through your course, after developing core grounding in research and organisational behaviour, we then help you to develop your specialisms, in alignment to the career goals that we have helped you to develop and plan for.
- Flexible study options - Weekdays or Evenings
- Industry experienced lecturers with excellent education and professional qualification
- Simplified learning
- Personal attention to all learners
- Small classes
- Free career development mentoring programme
- Connect with our very successful alumni
- Introduction to Management (20 Credits)
- Project (20 Credits)
- Academic Research and Writing (20 Credits)
- Business Communication (20 Credits)
- Preparing for a Professional Career (20 Credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (20 Credits)
- Business Context and its Management (20 Credits)
- Business Environment (20 Credits)
- Managing People (20 Credits)
- Marketing & Communications in a Digital World (20 Credits)
- Business Finance and Economics (20 Credits)
- Global Business Aspects (20 Credits)
- Research Methods (20 Credits)
- Business Decision Making (20 Credits)
- Organisation Behaviour (20 Credits)
- Project Management (20 Credits)
- Business Plan and Analysis (20 Credits)
- International Business Law (20 Credits)
- Global Leadership and Organisational Behaviour (20 Credits)
- Building a Sustainable Business (20 Credits)
- Innovation Management (20 Credits)
- Global Strategy (20 Credits)
Then choose one of:
- Dissertation (40 Credits)
- Consulting Project (40 Credits)
- Internship (40 Credits)
Assessments at GBS
This GBS course will provide you with opportunities to test your knowledge and understanding informally through ‘formative’ assessment. Formative assessment will be completed before your formal ‘summative’ assessment, which will determine your final marks.
Each module normally contains at least one piece of formative assessment from which you will receive feedback from your course team. Formative assessments are purely for developmental purposes and do not count towards your final module mark. They are designed to help you to gain more knowledge and confidence in the module material and approaches to formal assessment. Students who do not engage with informal assessments often struggle with Foundation Year progression, as well as with the academic levels above.
The formal summative assessment usually occurs towards the end of each module. Assessment methods may include written examinations and a range of coursework, including reports, portfolios, essays and presentations. The marks awarded for summative assessments count towards your final module mark. Assessment methods at GBS are reviewed annually and may be updated in consultation with students, for example in response to student or External Examiner feedback. An External Examiner is an independent academic expert from another higher education provider, and they are appointed by the University of Suffolk to provide external assurance regarding the academic standards of your course.
Standard Entry Requirements (Under 21 years old)
80 UCAS tariff points or equivalent qualifications (e.g. 60 Credit Ofqual qualification at level 3). 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above or equivalent qualifications. Applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
All applicants are assessed by the admissions team via an interview for listening and speaking and for writing via a personal reflection statement.
Applicants aged 21+
If applicants aged 21+ do not meet the standard entry requirements, we will also consider those with life/work skills which would make them suitable for undergraduate study with our Foundation programme.
All applicants must be assessed by the GBS admissions team via an interview for listening and speaking skills and for writing via a statement of personal reflection.
- Application form
- Supervised Personal reflection statement
- Personal interview
Funding your study
All students will access student finance through the University of Suffolk.
A Tuition Fee Loan will cover the cost of your up-front fees, and will be paid to your university, in this case the University of Suffolk. The loan repayments only start once you have finished your course and are earning £26,575 a year or more. Both full and part-time learners can apply.
If you are eligible, you can apply for a Maintenance Loan too. The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. This loan has to be repaid after you leave your course and when your earnings are more than £26,575. For more information please visit gov.uk/studentfinance.
Maintenance Grants are paid into your bank account at the start of term. You don’t have to pay it back, but any funds you get will reduce the amount of Maintenance Loan you are eligible for.
New students must prove they have been living in the UK for five years before their course start date in order to get living cost support from Student Finance England.
Please click here for course fees.Call us +44 (0)207 539 3548 or email us