Our four-year degree programme, in partnership with Leeds Trinity University, allows you to commence your studies with an initial foundation year. This initial one-year period of study allows you to develop your academic skills and confidence through undertaking four 30-credit Year 0 modules. You must pass the foundation year in order to progress onto the subsequent years. These modules are designed to introduce you to a number of key concepts, debates and skills that will inform your second, third and fourth years of study.
*Upon successful completion of the foundation year, you will be able to progress to level 4 of the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care, either at GBS or the main Leeds Trinity University campus in Leeds.
- Gain specialist knowledge and skills to further your career prospects
- Use this qualiﬁcation as a starting point to work towards various professional memberships
- Have the skills and knowledge to progress and gain credits against the standards of bachelor degrees in higher education institutions
- Flexible study options - Weekdays or Evenings
- Industry experienced lecturers with excellent education and professional qualification
- Simplified learning
- Personal attention to all learners
- Small classes
- Free career development mentoring programme
- Connect with our very successful alumni
- Academic Skills and Studying with Confidence (30 Credits)
- Project (30 Credits)
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise (30 Credits)
- Being Healthy in a Modern World (30 Credits)
- Policy and Legal Frameworks in Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding and Managing Risk Across the Life Course
- Programme Level Assessment
- Research Methods 1
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health and Wellbeing
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Person-Centred Care and Integrated Work
- Mental Health Today
- Planning, Designing and Evaluating Health Interventions
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Research Methods 2
- Professional Development and Placement 2
- Volunteering in Sport, Health and Nutrition
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- Leading Health and Social Care in a Multi-agency Environment
- Therapeutic Interventions with Families
- Reflection and Supervision
- Difficulties Families Face
- Valued Ageing
- Professional Learning Through Work
- Contemporary Issues in Public Health and Individual Wellbeing
- Work Based Learning Project
There are no formal examinations required for this course. Assessments are undertaken in various ways:
- Writing an assignment
- Analysing a case study
- Completing a portfolio of evidence
- Writing reports
You will be required to work in your own time to complete research, homework tasks or group work. Self-study is vital to your success on this course and lecturers will give you guidance on how best to approach this throughout the study period.
EducationLevel 3 qualification or equivalent An Access to Higher Education Certificate
English ProficiencyCEFR B2
Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied Level 3 in United Kingdom are expected to hold an accepted English language B2 (CEFR)
InterviewAll applicants must pass an Academic Interview
CertificationThe final certificate is issued by Leeds Trinity University.
Work ExperienceExceptional entry route: 3 years relevant work experience
Applications From Students 21+We welcome applications from students 21+ who do not match the standard entry requirements but who can demonstrate willingness and commitment to studying this subject at University level, and, who can evidence academic, professional or vocational experience in a related field.
Funding your study
You can apply for help with your fees from the government by visiting gov.uk/studentfinance. This could take the form of a Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan or Maintenance Grant. A Tuition Fee Loan will cover the cost of your up-front fees, and will be paid to your university or College. The loan repayments only start once you have finished your course and are earning £26,575 a year or more. Both full and part-time learners can apply.
If you are eligible, you can apply for a Maintenance Loan too. The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. The loan repayments only start once you have finished your course and are earning £26,575 a year or more. For more information please visit gov.uk/studentfinance.
Maintenance Grants are paid into your bank account at the start of term. You don’t have to pay it back, but any funds you get will reduce the amount of Maintenance Loan you are eligible for.
New students must prove they have been living in the UK for five years before their course start date in order to get living cost support from Student Finance England.
Please click here for course fees.Call us +44 (0)207 539 3548 or email us
IntakesOctober | February
Awarding InstitutionThe qualifications are awarded by Leeds Trinity University.
DeliveryWeekdays or weekends or only evenings.
London, Birmingham, Manchester
£9,250 per year