Careers & Employability
At GBS, we want to help our students achieve more than just an academic award. We want you to gain the skills, experience, and mindset that will help you thrive in today’s competitive job market.
From landing your dream job, to finding work placements, even setting up or growing your own business – our experienced and dedicated Careers and Employability team will help you propel your career forwards!
- Your own Personal Development Plan to identify your career strengths and areas for improvement
- Personalised workshops to help you improve your CV, make successful job applications, and prepare for interviews
- One-to-one sessions to help you boost your employability
- Advice on setting up and growing your own business – including writing your own business plan, securing funding, finding customers
- Membership of the GBS Enterprise Society, where you will get the chance to network with other students and become part of a growing entrepreneurial community
- Teachers with extensive industry contacts and experience
- Employer events, helping you build your network and offering insight into the market
- Invites to GBS’s industry conferences on a wide variety of topics
- Support in finding work placements and other suitable job opportunities
“The School… is taking demonstrable steps to enhance student learning opportunities. A strong focus on careers advice and support linked to student employability is evident in the provision.”
“The QAA review team identified the following feature of good practise at the organisation: the strategic focus on employability and extensive careers support for students, which enables them to develop their academic, personal and professional potential.”
“The School attaches great importance to both skills and careers development in its provision. Its focus on student employability is explicit and demonstrated through its careers guidance and employability activities.”
Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) Review