GBS HNC/HND in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management)
- Entry Requirements
- Key Facts
- Work Placements
- Tuition Fee
Transform your career with global applied knowledge
Build a successful career in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management)
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management)
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management)
Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications are designed to prepare learners for their employment in a specific industry.
- Build a challenging global career in Healthcare practice for England
- Use this qualiﬁcation as a starting point to work towards various professional memberships in healthcare
- Learning from work based experience
- Progress onto the third year of a degree programme (GBS will provide the information during your study)
What will you achieve?
- Gain specialist knowledge and skills to further your career prospects
- Use this qualiﬁcation as a starting point to work towards various professional memberships
- Have the skills and knowledge to progress and gain credits against the standards of health degrees in higher education institutions
- Gain an understanding of Health and social care practice environments in England
Why should you choose GBS?
- Flexible study options – Weekdays or Evenings
- Assessments undertaken in various ways
- Health and social care experienced lecturers
- Simplified learning
- Personal attention to all learners
- Small classes
- Free career development mentoring programme
- Wide range of health and social care work placements
- Law, Policy and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care
- Demonstrating Professional Principles and Values in Health and Social Care Practice
- Supporting the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care
- Fundamentals of Evidence-based Practice (Pearson-set Project)
- Developing Operational Management Skills for Healthcare Practice for England
- Changing Perspectives in Public Health
- Effective Reporting and Record-keeping in Health and Social Care Services
- Innovation and Improvement through Action Research (Pearson-set Project)
- Reﬂective Approaches in Implementing Person-centred Practice
- Managing Quality in Care Environment
- Facilitating Change in Healthcare Environments
- Human Resource Management for Healthcare
- Global Health and Wellbeings
- Project Management for Healthcare
All assessments will be through coursework.There are no formal examinations.
Assessments are undertaken in various ways:
- Writing an assignment
- Analysing a case study
- Completing a portfolio of evidence
- Writing reports
You will be required to work in your own time to complete research, homework tasks or group work. Self-study is vital to your success on this course and lecturers will give you guidance on how best to approach this throughout the study period.
Normally 3 years relevant work experience
Level 3 qualification or equivalent
An Access to Higher Education Certificate
- Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied Level 3 in United Kingdom are expected to hold an accepted English language B2 (CEFR)
All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
- GBS will process applications for Year 1 (HNC) of the 2 Year HND program. If you successfully pass Year 1, GBS will automatically enrol you for Year 2 (HND).
A Tuition Fee Loan will cover the cost of your up-front fees, and will be paid to your university or College. The Loan must be repaid once you finished your course and are earning £26,575 a year or more. Both full and part-time learners can apply.
If you are eligible, you can apply for a Maintenance Loan too. The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. This loan has to be repaid after you leave your course and when your earnings are more than £26,575. For more information please visit gov.uk/studentfinance.
Maintenance Grants are paid into your bank account at the start of term. You don’t have to pay it back, but any funds you get will reduce the amount of Maintenance Loan you are eligible for.
New students must prove they have been living in the UK for five years before their course start date in order to get living cost support from Student Finance England.
Call us +44 (0)207 539 3548 or email us
Intakes: September and February
Qualification Title: Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management)
- Duration : One year
Qualification Title: Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management)
- Duration : One year
Awarding body : Pearson
Location: London, Birmingham and Manchester
Delivery: Weekdays or weekends or only evenings
Year 1: You will be expected to undertake 225 hours of work related activities (level 4 HNC)
Year 2: You will be expected to undertake 225 hours of work related activities (level 5 HND)