BA (Hons) Business Management with foundation year
Transform your career with global applied knowledge
Build a successful career in Business Management
Gain In-depth knowledge of the core functions of business and management as a future business leader, entrepreneur or manager, of any background that want to think globally.
In Partnership with
For hundreds of successful professionals
Designed for a career as a
Logistics and Distribution Manager – Corporate Investment Banker
Human Resources Officer – Operational Researcher
Social Media Manager – Marketing Executive – Risk Manager
Management Consultant – Systems Analyst – Product Manager
Project Manager – Retail Manager – Business Analyst
Sales Executive – Data Analyst
What are my career choices?
A key feature of the programme is to blend both academic study and skills development to enhance the employability of our graduates.
GBS prepares students for graduate employment, research, further study and lifelong learning by developing their intellectual, practical and key (transferable) skills.
In you first term, we will help you customize your CV according to the industry and your preferred role, offer guidance to build your personal brand on social media and assist you with case studies, mock interviews and psychometric tests.
Develop leadership skills and qualities
- Analytic skills to identify complex, real-life problems of businesses
- Critical thinking skills to critically evaluate and plan for a range of contemporary business and anagement scenarios
- Problem solving skills, for effective decision making
- Entrepreneurial skills, for a sustainable future business practice.
Start your application today
- Preparing for Success Self Development and Responsibility
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Graduate Challenge
- Global Business Environment
- Introduction to People Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Decision Making
- Career Viewpoint
- Data Insight for Business Decisions
- Operations & Project Management
- Enterprise Projects
- Selling and Sales Management
- The Media Business
- Economic Analysis
- Small Business
- Research methods
- Strategic Agility
- International Marketing Management
- Developing Leadership & Management Skills
- Managing & Developing Innovation & Creativity
- Change Management & Organisation Development
Further industry preparation for your role
CFA Exam Preparation (Optional):
GBS is known for preparing candidate for investment banking, private equity and hedge funds roles. We recommend you to do CFA Level I when you are working on your postgraduate degree to further deepen your knowledge. The MBA curriculum should also help you to prepare for your CFA exam. We do have limited scholarships for CFA tuition so please always request further information and availability in your Admission stage.
Career Development and Employability:
GBS takes your career very seriously. We start assisting your career opportunities from day 1. You will be having one to one session with your career advisor to identify your strengths and weakness against the top roles you want to achieve after your degree. There are various steps you have to go through:
Customizing your pitch:
In you first term, we will help you customize your CV according to the industry and your preferred role. We will guide you to build your personal brand on social media.
We would assist you with case studies, mock interviews and psychometric tests.
You will be encouraged to be involved in organization team for industry conferences on various topics.
GBS will suggest you to take volunteer role in various finance and investment societies to connect with industry professionals.
GBS organizes each year Valuation Olympiad Competition and teams from various parts of world participate in it. You will be invited to participate in it and benchmark yourself against your competition.
GBS trains professionals in investment banks, private equities, hedge funds, consulting firms and corporates globally. You might have good chances to meet corporate team and ask for the culture of the firm before you start introducing yourself to these firms.
GBS will push you to develop your extra-curricular skills. You should actively organize and participate on debates to master your communication skills.
Our greatest asset is our alumni network:
We encourage you to participate in alumni networking events in different cities and find mentors who share the common vision with you.
Global Investment Banking Analyst Programme:
GBS together with its Training Consulting Company, Global Banking Training, train employees of investment banks, private equity and hedge funds globally. GBS has created this intense training programme to apply your academic knowledge on real companies to prepare you for your jobs on day 1. The curriculum of the training programme are:
- Application on London stock exchange (LSE), NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies
- Global investment banking process and pitch preparation, presentation and writing confidential investment memo and teasers
- Fundamentals of valuation, trading comparables valuation and Financial Modeling of Trading Comps
- Discounted Cash Flow valuation (DCF) and Financial Modeling from scratch
- Determining Transaction Premium (Transaction Comps), Leveraged/Management Buyout (LBO) and Financial Modeling
- Excel Financial Modeling and valuation of public listed companies by using “Comparable comps” method
- Excel Financial Modeling and valuation of public listed companies by using “Discounted cash flow” method
- Excel Financial Modeling and determination of the premium paid by buyer of the business by using “Transaction comps” method
- Excel Financial Modeling and leveraged buyout of the company by a Private Equity sponsor
- Board presentation of the investment banking transaction
- Discussion on frequently asked questions (FAQs) on this topic by Investment Banks, Hedge Funds and Private Equity firms
Should possess a Level 3 - 90 Credits
Statement of Purpose
Complete a Statement of Purpose
- 300-400 words
Fill out GBS application form
2 Academic or industry references
A Tuition Fee Loan will cover the cost of your up-front fees, and will be paid to your university or College. The Loan must be repaid once you finished your course and are earning £25,000 a year or more. Both full and part-time learners can apply.
If you are eligible, you can apply for a Maintenance Loan too. The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. This loan has to be repaid after you leave your course and when your earnings are more than £25,000. For more information please visit gov.uk/studentfinance.
Maintenance Grants are paid into your bank account at the start of term. You don’t have to pay it back, but any funds you get will reduce the amount of Maintenance Loan you are eligible for.
New students must prove they have been living in the UK for five years before their course start date in order to get living cost support from Student Finance England.
Call us +44 (0)207 539 3548 or email us
Intakes : September / January
Duration : 4 years
Awarding body :
Location: London, Birmingham
Delivery: Weekdays or weekends or only evenings